What We Need
Raving Software is looking for an experienced project manager who can see the big picture. You’re someone who can run a tight shop while still bringing out the best in the people you work with. Enjoying your work is just as important as doing the work.
Who we think will be a great fit…
You want to work on challenging problems with smart people. You’re someone who could get positions at most software companies, but you’re looking for the perfect role that has great leadership, a roster of top talent, game-changing product vision, and a work hard/play hard company culture.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Manage organization of projects
- Coordinate internal resources and third-parties for the seamless execution of projects
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time and within budget
- Help improve code quality through performing unit tests and code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms and product
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results within a schedule
You also meet most (if not all) of the following requirements:
- PMP Certification (highly desired)
- Experience with MS Project, Trello, or another project management tool is a plus
- 2-4 years of project management experience, with at least 2 years working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge and experience with Agile best practices (you know how to be a Scrum Master and would be comfortable teaching others the ropes)
- Experience with and knowledge of software lifecycles. You know all aspects of the SDLC, can interface with all the disciplines involved, and you are educated in best practices of iterative development
- An understanding of metrics-driven processes. You are comfortable with task definition, backlog tracking, burn-down metrics and velocity
- Communication expertise. You know how to be proactive and communicate the right message in the right context. And you can deliver your message in different mediums and formats including emails, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Advance time management and analytical skills
- A talent for being detail oriented and excelling even while keeping a lot of balls in the air
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with process improvement
- Excellent team and client-facing communication skills
- Willingness to help out wherever needed
- A strong desire to learn new skills and have fun doing it!
We can’t wait to hear from you! We’re always looking for brilliant and talented individuals to join our growing team. Become part of our vision to provide leading-edge, top-quality digital marketing and web design services to local businesses and government clients—all while refining your computer and digital marketing skills and growing as an individual. Please email us a copy of your current resume, portfolio samples/links, and a cover letter to [email protected] to be considered for our team.